Friday 6 November 2015

Reflection on Presentation (November 5, 2015)

Voice projection, clear articulation, being confident and having all the necessary eye contact are problems which I certainly do not face while I am doing sports or conducting trainings. However, the same could not be said for presentations. I have to admit that I was stressed up for this presentation as it has been about two years since my last presentation, and having to prepare for it within two days certainly added the load to it. Perhaps I should have been less tense and deliver my ideas more enthusiastically, as there seem to be a lack of passion in my tone.

As for what I have done well, I feel that I was speaking loud and clear enough for this presentation. In addition, I used the visual aids on the slides as prompts instead of holding onto cue cards or notes. Although the content could have been enriched with more information, I feel that the relevant points I presented was organized and had a nice flow.

Overall, there are several aspects which I need to improve. As the saying goes, “Practice makes perfect”, and perhaps that is the key factor to achieving a better presentation.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Louise, thank you for the post. Contradicting to your post, you did not sound nervous at all! You had the confidence and you presented well. You had good articulation and you projected your voice loud enough. Although you had a script prepared, you did not rely on it and still managed to deliver your presentation well to the class. For me, I relied a lot on my script that day so I had a momentary lapse during my presentation. It was great working with you on this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise, I felt you gave a really good presentation. You said 'you feel stressed up for this presentation' but what you showed that day was no stress and full of confidence. You delivered with little body movement and your eye contact was great towards the audience. I could learn a thing or two from you to improve my presentation skills. It was great working with you and the team as we shared ideas and helped each other along the way. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete